Inspired by Nature, Engineered by Geistlich
Geistlich Fibro-Gide® is a porcine, porous, resorbable and volume-stable collagen matrix, specifically designed for soft-tissue regeneration and entirely developed by Geistlich Biomaterials in close collaboration with leading clinicians from around the world.
Geistlich Fibro-Gide® has been designed as an alternative treatment option to connective tissue grafts that are considered the gold standard in regenerative soft-tissue procedures.1-3
This collagen matrix is intended to be used for soft-tissue regeneration at the alveolar ridge around natural teeth and implants, and should be used as a submerged scaffold where an increase in soft-tissue thickness is clinically desired. The matrix is available in the two sizes: Geistlich Fibro-Gide® 15x20x6mm and Geistlich Fibro-Gide® 20x40x6mm.
“Geistlich Fibro-Gide® is one of the major innovations
in regenerative dentistry in the last 20 years.”
(PD Dr. Daniel Thoma | Zurich, Switzerland)
Geistlich Fibro-Gide® – In a nutshell
- In vivo animal models have shown good integration of Geistlich Fibro-Gide® into the surrounding soft-tissue while maintaining stability.4
- Volume stability is provided with a smart cross-linking of the reconstituted collagen.5
- The porous network of Geistlich Fibro-Gide® supports angiogenesis, formation of new connective tissue and stability of the collagen network in submerged healing situations.1,6
- Geistlich Fibro-Gide® has an unlimited availability and is of consistent quality.5
- Geistlich Fibro-Gide® can be shaped to the desired dimensions both in dry and moist state.5
- Geistlich Fibro-Gide® does not require pre-treatment: Excellent hydrophilic characteristics lead to a rapid hydration by patient’s own blood and/or sterile saline solution.5
- Geistlich Fibro-Gide® does not require a second surgical site for harvesting grafts from the palate.1
- Thoma DS, et al.: J Clin Periodontol 2016; 43(10): 874–85.
- Thoma DS, et al.: Clin Oral Implants Res 2009; 20 Suppl 4: 146–65.
- Thoma DS, et al.: J Clin Periodontol 2014; 41 Suppl 15: S77–91.
- Thoma DS. et al. Clin Oral Implants Res. 2012 Dec; 23(12): 1333–9.
- Data on file. Geistlich Pharma AG, Wolhusen, Switzerland.
- Thoma DS, et al.: Clin Oral Implants Res 2015; 26(3): 263–70.